For this early stage in the project I am going to be conducting a sleep diary. However, if I do it myself, it won’t really be conclusive or really show anything of note apart from I don’t sleep very well. I already know that.
This is where you lot come in. I am looking for some people to take some time to help fill in a sleep diary and for half of it, try and change what you do in the sleeping environment. You will be of particular use if you use your phone or laptop in bed. After answering a few questions, all you have to do is put in rough times. I will explain!
- The sleep diary is going to be split into two parts. Each part is of 4 days, so it will be 8 days total.
- From days one to four, you make no changes to your sleeping habit.
- Follow the instructions for days 1 to 4 (either print it off or write it on a scrap piece of paper, its up to you!)
- Fill in the corresponding boxes on the sleep diary table for the first four days (complete as you go is best)
- After the first four days are up, try and remove technology from your sleeping area
- Follow the instructions for days 5 to 8 (either print it off or write it on a scrap piece of paper, its up to you!)
- Fill in the rest of the sleep diary table as you go
It is as simple as that, but because I can’t really explain things very well at times, I could have explained it simpler…
Once the 8 days are up, hand them back in person, email them, take a photo or post in the comments what your results were.